Sunday means dessert. At least in my house.
One of my absolute favorites is a rich chocolate mousse with raspberries.
The berries complement the chocolate in such a yummy way!
And luckily this is such an easy dessert to make! I usually make it in advance of the dinner or the day before serving, so it has time to sit in the fridge for a while. This is also a perfect dessert to make for (many) guests as you can make these cute portions by using desert bowls or by using any nice glasses you might have.
Tip: Using different glasses just makes it even more cute.
200 grams of light or dark chocolate of your choice (I used 55% chocolate)*
4 medium eggs
3 dl/1,2 cups of heavy whipping cream**
1 ts of vanilla powder
- Chop up the chocolate and put it in a bowl that is microwave friendly. Boil water in a pot, lower the temperature and set the bowl of chocolate in to the water and let the bowl sit in the water while stirring the chocolate until it is completely melted. Remove the bowl from the water and add one egg yolk at the time until all four yolk is blended with the chocolate.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla powder in a large bowl. Whip the cream until it’s fluffy and rich.
- Add the melted chocolate to the whipped cream. Mix carefully.
- Whisk four egg whites until they’re stiff and shiny.
- Mix the egg whites carefully with the chocolate. Then add raspberries (Save half for decorations!)
- Pour the chocolate in to portion glasses.
- Decorate with raspberries and cover the glasses with plastic.
- Put the chocolate mousse into the fridge and let it set for 1-2 hours before serving.
*Use 70% chocolate if you want to make it with less lactose.
**Use lactose free whipping cream to make it lactose free!