This roast is so, so yummy! I’ve made it two sundays in a row – that’s how much I love it.
This lovely roast consists of lemon chicken with glutenfree yorkshire pudding, oven-roasted veggies, homemade gravy and potatoes.
I found the chicken recipe on one of my favorite Norwegian cooking blogs; Trines matblogg. She is such an inspiration and her recipes are always so easy to make gluten free and tasty at the same time.
Chicken (2-2,5 kg)
4 tbs of butter
1. Boil one lemon in water for about 10 minutes.
2. Wash the chicken in water then dry it with a paper towel and put it in a pan. Preheat oven to 180C fan.
3. Chop garlic, rosemary and thyme and blend with butter. Add salt and pepper. Make small holes in the chicken skin with a knife, then put the butter mix underneath the skin of the chicken. Rub the rest of the butter on top of the chicken.
4. Make small holes in the cooked lemon with a knife, then insert the lemon into the chicken with fresh thyme and rosemary. Chop the non-cooked lemon into thick slices. Add one slice between each thigh of the chicken and cut a bit of the skin. Tie the chicken legs together with a kitchen thread.
5. Cook the chicken for about 1-1,5 hours, depending on the size of the chicken.
2 Red onions
2 Red peppers
Chop the veggies into chunks and put them into a tin. Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper and chopped garlic over. Cook it in the oven next to the chicken for about 45 minutes.
1,5 dl of Creme fraiche or heavy cream
1 tbs of mustard or 1 tsp grated lemon peel
When the chicken is done use the broth as a base for the gravy. Simply pour it in a pot, boil it for a minute or two, then add creme fraiche or heavy cream and some salt and pepper. For more flavour add a tbs of mustard or a squeeze of lemon and some grated lemon peel. Boil it for a couple of minutes while you keep whisking it until you remove it from the stove.
YORKSHIRE PUDDING GLUTEN FREE
140 grams of plain gluten-free flour
3 tbs of corn starch or corn flour
0,5 ts of gluten-free baking soda
1,75 dl milk or cream of your choice
Oil for drizzling
1. Mix the flours in a bowl with 1/2 tbs salt, crack the eggs into the middle of the flour and whisk it together. Slowly add the milk and keep whisking all the time until lump-free. Leave it until the chicken is cooked.
2. When the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and let it sit on the bench with a loose tin foil on top. Heat the oven to 210C fan. Drizzle a little oil into two 12-hole non-stick muffin tins and put it into the oven to heat through.
3. Pour the batter into a jug or use a ladle to carefully and evenly pour the batter into the tins. Put the tins back in the oven and leave undisturbed for 20-25 minutes until the pudding have puffed and browned. Serve immediately.
Boil potatoes and serve this lovely meal to someone you love!
Have a great (sun)day ❤