I love tacos!
This is one of my absolute favourite recipes consisting of homemade gluten-free corn tortillas (can be replaced with store bought) served with tender beef, fried pineapple, guacamole, graded cheese and pico de gallo.
I used these recipes:
300 grams of masa harina (corn flour)
5 dl of Water
1. Mix the flour with 2,5 dl water, then add more water until you have a good texture on the dough that’s not too sticky. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Add more water if needed.
2. Cut the dough into small same-sized pieces (25-30 grams each), soak your hands and roll them to small balls.
3. Put a soaked cloth over the balls of masa harina.
4. Cut a sheet of greaseproof paper into 4 pieces. Place a ball of masa harina onto one sheet, and place another sheet on top. Use a tortilla press or a heavy pot to press the ball flat.
5. Gently remove one of the sheets and put the tortilla into a hot frying pan with the sheet up. Gently remove the sheet. Fry the tortilla on both sides.
6. Keep them warm and moist in a kitchen towel until serving.
1 fresh Pineapple
1-2 tsp of Chilli powder or finely chopped fresh chilli
1 tbsp of Honey
1. Cut the pineapple into pieces and put it in a warm frying pan.
2. Drizzle chilli powder and honey on the pineapple and fry on both sides for 2 minutes until golden brown.
1 dl of Jasmine rice
2 dl of Chicken stock
3 tbsp Chopped Coriander
1. Cook the rice in chicken stock. Add water if needed.
2. When the rice is ready put it in a bowl and let it cool a bit while you make the guacamole and pico de gallo.
3. Mix the rice with chopped coriander and freshly squeezed lime juice. Serve instantly.
2 medium avocados
1. Mash the avocados.
2. Mix the avocados with chopped scallions, lime juice and fresh coriander.
PICO DE GALLO
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic glove, finely chopped
1 fresh chili pepper, finely chopped
Fresh coriander, chopped
Fresh lime juice
Salt and pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving.